[Boatanchors] Extreme Packing

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 19:24:35 EDT 2011

That type of packing has been around for more than 4 decades.  When I owned the Motorola reconditioned equipment center for the south-central USA (1970 until 1979) we used the "foam in place".

What my shipping clerk did was to spray the foam into the box, place a piece of plastic sheet over the solution, and then place the equipment on the plastic sheet.  Next, he would put the box of accessories on top of the unit.  The foam would rise and form around the bottom and sides of the unit.  The only time we had any damage was when UPS ran a fork lift tong through the box!  Even then they tried the "improper packing" defense!  Didn't work!

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com