[Boatanchors] I was Raised on Cowboy shows

John Dilks, K2TQN oldradio at comcast.net
Thu Mar 3 10:12:40 EST 2011

I was Raised on Cowboy shows, first on the radio and later on, on our
7" Motorola TV.  The Cowboy shows always had singing Cowboys and I
can remember singing along.  It was a happy time in my life.

A few years ago I happened on a web site that played the vintage
Cowboy songs, it was called Range Radio.  Evidently music regulations
stopped them from broadcasting after about a year.  And for the next
couple of years, the web page existed, but no music.

Today I checked the link again and found it is now associated with
KSMA-AM in Lompoc, California.  "Range Radio" is alive again, playing
the classics and newer Cowboy (western) music.

So if you too like Cowboy music, listen in:

http://www.1410therange.com/

73, John Dilks, K2TQN