[Boatanchors] [ham4sale] Re: WANTED: 160-10M TX RF Section - HW-100/101

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Wed Mar 16 01:29:42 EDT 2011

On 03/15/2011 11:46 PM, doc at kd4e.com wrote:

> The "winner" appears to be a needs-work HW-101.
>
> It should be the most affordable, since the original was
> inexpensive and they sold a ton of them.
>
> I will have to modified it for 160m.
>
> And there just happens to be a new local Tailgate here in the
> Savannah area April 9th.
>
> If I don't find one there I will be back here looking ...
>
> Thanks everyone!

/snip/

I don't know about 160, but you mentioned in one of your earlier posts
that you might want to go to 6 meters.  There was an article, I think
in 73 Magazine, back in the late 60s or early 70s on how to add 6M
to a Heath HW-100 or -101 (both were internally almost the same).
I made the mod and it worked--the power was a little less, on 6, maybe
70 watts or so, I don't really remember.  It wasn't a big deal.
Maybe Google will help with the article,but I don't know where you'll
find a copy!
Good luck--doug, WA2SAY