[Boatanchors] A big dilemna SX-28 and PM-23

Al Parker anchor at ec.rr.com
Fri Mar 18 19:52:09 EDT 2011

Hi Emil,
	A bit of a dilemma.  What does the owner want?
	After having done a couple of SX-28's, I've turned down the opportunity
to buy a similar one for $50 or so.  You/he could probably get more than
that by parting it out as-is, but if he wants it to be in reasonable
operating and cosmetic condition he's looking at lots of labor (20-30
hrs of someone whose done it before) and probably $100-200 in parts
incl. generic stuff & proper "original" stuff.   The PM-23 might be
worth about as much as the SX-28 at this point, they're not too commonly
found.
	Just my opinion, maybe worth just what you've paid for it.
73,
Al, W8UT
www.boatanchors.org
www.hammarlund.info

"There is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much
worth doing as simply messing about in boats"
Ratty, to Mole