[Boatanchors] National SW-54 "CWO-IF AMP"

Steve Mulder smulder3 at cox.net
Mon Oct 17 12:13:46 EDT 2011

I would like to thank everyone who replied offline to my question about
the "CWO-IF AMP". I understand how it works now. A number of people
pointed out that a similar circuit was used in the Hallicrafters S-38
series of receivers, and that this type of circuit was inferior to a
'real' BFO.

In some further reading on this topic, I came across a website that
showed how to add a tiny BFO to an S-38:
http://www.geojohn.org/Radios/MyRadios/S38b/S38b.html

Thanks for all the help.

Steve Mulder