[Boatanchors] National SW-54 "CWO-IF AMP"

Fuqua, Bill L wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Tue Oct 18 00:00:22 EDT 2011

I used to mess with the feedback control on the back of my S38E to stop the oscillation of the IF and use it as a Q multiplier.
Mine had provided feedback by ungrounding the suppressor grid which then was grounded thru a variable resistor on the
back of the chassis. You could adjust it as you would a Q multiplier. Just could not have CW and selectivity at the same time.
But with a BFO you could have both.
73
Bill