[Boatanchors] where to find a National SW-54 receiver

cemilton at aol.com cemilton at aol.com
Sat Oct 29 18:50:06 EDT 2011

Hi Steve,

Those little rigs were very popular with collectors............ Finding one in good condition is not all that easy, but possible.  If you have an antique radio club in your town (or nearby), consider contacting them as it's possible some member may have one he/she would let go.  There are some other sources.  Google up MAARC (mid-atlantic antique radio club)  OR  MARC (michigan antique radio club)  OR  SARS (Southeastern antique radio society) for starters.  Make a direct inquiry to the president of the club......tell them your wants and see what happens.  I've named only three clubs (I was once president of the SARS group in Atlanta) but there are many more.  Most are not "amateur radio oriented".  But the little SW-54 had art-deco design appeal and thus became very collectible.  As an amateur receiver????????   Naaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!  But cute still and nice for AM b'cast listening.  And.......it lights up!

Tubes rule!

Good luck.

73
Chuck
W4MIL

Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have
not first taken away from someone else.