[Boatanchors] Gonset Super 12 Dial Face?

qrv at kd4e.com qrv at kd4e.com
Wed Apr 18 20:52:39 EDT 2012

Has anyone created a replacement dial face for a Gonset
Super 12 converter?

I have received one in the mail with a mostly-destroyed dial
face from moisture and rubbing.

Also, I need one of the small blue knobs and one large.

The small knob was badly cracked and the set-screw had seized.
The knob broke apart while being removed.

The large knob lacks a set screw but still cannot be removed
as the brass inset appears to have seized on the shaft.  It
also has a crack and I anticipate it will break apart when
rremoved.

I have tried PB-Blaster but no joy.  I hate to destroy it to
remove it but I have to get the chassis out to service it.

Any suggestions, please?

--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
David Colburn nevils-station.com