[Boatanchors] Fwd: radio

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Sun Aug 12 21:43:00 EDT 2012

   Hallicrafters and Hamarlund receivers us X to indicate the receiver has
a crystal filter.
The SX140 is the only one that breaks this rule as far as I know. Are there
any others that
you guys can think of? I just thought it was interesting.
Nice combination for someone who started with that station as a novice.
I first had a transmitter made by General Electronics and a HQ129X.
The TX did not work out so well so I traded it in on a Challenger. And when
I got my
General got a HG10 VFO.

73
Bill wa4lav