[Boatanchors] Ship a HL-2200

w4ron at carolina.rr.com w4ron at carolina.rr.com
Sat Jul 14 13:54:54 EDT 2012

---- Mike Langner <mlangner at swcp.com> wrote:

> Try real hard to find someone headed the direction you need to ship any
> really valuable or irreplaceable item.  Ask them to take it with in their
> car with them.
>
> Otherwise it might get there.  Or it might not! Just one guy's experience!

You are absolutely correct, this is the very best way to move something.
I had a very rare Clough-Brengle transmitter (one of only 2 known)
carried by several friends to me in North Carolina from Dallas Tx.
It took 3 hops for it to get here, but it was in perfect condition.

I think the vintage radio community should start a program to
put together people traveling across country and buyers and
sellers of precious radio equipment.

--
73, RON w4ron
http://radioheaven.homestead.com/menu.html