[Boatanchors] Strange Hallicrafters S-38B

Bob Jackson bob at nofrowns.net
Fri Jun 15 06:49:01 EDT 2012

I'm pretty familiar with Hallicrafters S-38s from the original through the "C" model and am aware of a few variants of the original a la Dachis' book. However, before now, I'd never heard of (much less seen) a "B" model with and ANL switch. I now own one. From what I've always believed, the ANL circuitry was only in the original version. Does anyone have any information on this and/or any other variants?

Thanks and 73 to all,

Bob  AG5X