[Boatanchors] Casting Knobs

L L bahr pulsarxp at embarqmail.com
Tue Jun 26 22:09:22 EDT 2012

Some time ago I was involved with two other guys living in the UK with a desire to replicate Paraset knobs which are unique.  I went to some chap out in California to see if he could make knobs from a mold we would make with his instructions from original knobs in a UK museum.  He told me this would not be a good idea as the molds and knobs needed to be manufactured using a vacuum pump and this could not be done remotely.  He wanted the knobs at his shop which was impossible for us to accomplish.  As it turned out we found a company in England with the original knob molds and we had this firm manufacture new original knobs for us.

I don't know if the chap in California was just giving me BS or if he was giving me some straight scoop.

Lee, w0vt