[Boatanchors] Casting Knobs

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Tue Jun 26 22:25:49 EDT 2012

His request was reasonable, and he was not BSing you. The alternative to
making a silicone rubber mold from the original part is machining one up
as I described.

The vacuum pump and chamber ARE needed to make the molds and do the
casting. Otherwise you get air pockets. Period.

I believe museums use essentially the same process as I described to
replicate artifacts, like dino fossils.

Molds made this way are stunningly detailed, BTW.

The Paraset parts may be available from Richard Hankins & Tony Waller's
Rest6oration Trust.

-John