[Boatanchors] Meter for ARC antenna relay

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Wed Sep 26 09:34:08 EDT 2012

Severaql things:

In the ARC-5 or BC-442 there is an RF current transformer between the
antenna circuit and the thermocouple. It may or may not be 1:1

No RF is applied to the meter. The meter current "19.5 +/- 1.5 mv, 750 ma"
is produced by heating of the thermocouple. It is DC.

The meter is a low resistance voltmeter, approximately 20 mV FS. The
voltmeter resistance is such that it draws 750 mA at 20 mV.

-John