[Boatanchors] Motorcycle & public service portable tube rigs?

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 18 22:33:40 EDT 2013

Those were the original Motorola dispatcher radios and the very early "Handi-Talkie" radios.  For example:  D21A, D21AAT, D31A, D31AAT, P21A, P21AAB, D23A, D23AAT, D33A, D33AAT, P23A, P23AAB, P33A, P33AAB.   Most of the units used a 2E24 as the transmitter final amplifier.

Those radios were too old to even consider reconditioning when I owned the Motorola reconditioned equipment center for the south-central United States (1970 - 1979 when Motorola went out of the reconditioned equipment business).  However, we did get a lot of those radios that were "traded in" on new equipment.  The radios were either destroyed or, during the mid to late 1970s, "ham saled" by Motorola every 3 to 6-months.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com