[Boatanchors] Looking for a nylon toothed wheel for Hallicrafters FPM-300 slave bandswitch

Mike Langner mlangner at swcp.com
Thu Aug 1 15:33:38 EDT 2013

Hello everyone !

Here's my quest for an unobtainable part.

I'd like to repair/restore a Hallicrafters FPM-300 that came my way.

Apparently when the toothed drive belt that connects the toothed wheel on
the primary bandswitch to the slave bandswitch broke whoever had it before
didn't succeed in getting a replacement belt, so he removed the toothed gear
from the slave bandswitch shaft, drilled a hole in the front panel, slid a
shaft coupling and a knob into the hole he drilled, and changed bands by
turning two knobs - the original bandswitch and the one he "created."

And then he apparently threw away the old toothed gear.

I fear the part is truly unobtainable.

Might anyone know of a "junker" or a parts unit I could purchase in order to
get the little toothed wheel?

Thank, everyone !

Mike/
K5MGR