[Boatanchors] FS Shure 556S microphone

Charlie Hugg k5mbx at suddenlink.net
Tue Aug 27 00:19:20 EDT 2013

FS Shure 556S microphone. This is the high end broadcast version of the
famous nineteen fifties Elvis microphone. It's instantly recognizable by its
distinctive shock mount. It's in excellent cosmetic condition with a a few
tiny scuffs on the finish visible in the photos. There are no nasty
scratches or bad pitting. The fabric windscreen is perfect with no holes.
It's working perfectly and sounds terrific. It uses a standard XLR. This is
the top of the line for the 55 series because of the shockmount and an
element made to tighter specs. It's a beautiful collectable vintage mic
that's still usable today after 50 some years. I get great audio reports
with my Kenwood TS-870. It has the 8 pin Kenwood mic plug and is mounted on
a nice round mic stand with a push to talk button. Pictures available. Price
is $275 plus shipping. Thanks, Charlie Hugg, K5MBX