[Boatanchors] 6083, 8643, and 7094 TUBES for my newly acquired Globe Champion

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 31 13:03:30 EDT 2013

The Motorola Motrac series used the 5894 and then the 8643 as the final amplifier.  Also, the Hallicrafters HA-2 and HA-6 transverters use the 5894.

There are a lot of 5894 tubes around.  As such, they are not priced out of reach for most amateur radio operators.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com