[Boatanchors] Any Interest? Parts from MK427/ARC Tester

William Morton w_b_morton at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 19 12:46:36 EDT 2013

Hello All,

Still cleaning out the garage.  If these messages are annoying to anyone, please let me know and I will stop.

I uncovered a partial MK427/ARC test unit in a 2-piece fiberglass case.  The case itself is in good shape - dusty, dirty, but no cracks.  Cam locks seem to be sturdy.  Not sure if the air pressure port is functional.

Inside there are only 2 of the 4 original test boxes both in good exterior condition, but I will not say they are functional.  They are:

1. UHF - VHF TEST UNIT TYPE H-18
2. OSCILLATOR RELAY 0-423/AR

The two long mounting plates on either end of the main shelf are present, but no test boxes are attached.  Under the main shelf are several cables with large and small connectors, a Telephonics microphone (Type RS38A), a small canvas bag marked 'TOOLS' with a snap flap, and a one-ear headset with leather (!) as the head padding.

The microphone cable is a coiled type and is supple/pliable with no cracks, but is covered with a whitish dust.  I wonder if a bit of black shoe polish would pretty it up?

I did not pull out any of the cables to see how long they were as they were nicely packed and I would never get them back in as neatly.

The whole thing has a vintage somewhat sour smell saying 'I have been close up in someone's garage for years.'

Any interest out there for any of the parts?  I am doubtful that anyone would want the whole thing, but I am willing to be proven wrong.

I'll give this a day or so, then off to recycling.

Best Regards,

William