[Boatanchors] Yet Another Manual: AN/GRR-5 TM 11-295

William Morton w_b_morton at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 19 23:05:08 EDT 2013

Hello All,

Found another manual that someone may find useful.  The lucky winner of this prize also gets one FM 24-1 manual.

TM 11-295
TO 16-30-GRR5-5
RADIO RECEIVING SET
AN/GRR-5
DEPARTMENTS OF THE ARMY AND THE AIR FORCE
AUGUST 1952

FM 24-1
TACTICAL COMMUNICATIONS DOCTRINE
HEADQUARTERS, DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
APRIL 1968

Each has a cardstock cover, stapled bindings are in good shape, drilled for 3-hole binder.  Both have shelf wear and dirt smudges, with the radio manual certainly being the smudgier of the two (6 out of 10, I suppose, on the Pretty Scale). No evidence of water damage to either manual.

The radio manual has a 'built in' bend/warp along the left side by the holes.  I imagine this is from the edge of it being stored in a bent position all these years.  The bend is not a crease, just a bend.  There is also evidence of hard rubbing near the title on the cover, but the cover page is not torn through.  Schematics in the back.  Lots of pictures and the internal pages are clean.

The FM 24-1 manual has a change supplement placed inside the front cover, dated 1970.  All internal pages look clean.  The front cover does have a stamp from 'HHC, 724TH ENGR BN (C) (A)'.

$12 sent via Media Mail will get them to your door... or at least into your mailbox.

Best Regards,

William