[Boatanchors] S38 pilot light

Moulton, Robert M - (rmoulton) rmoulton at email.arizona.edu
Wed May 29 00:23:22 EDT 2013

Thanks for the replies all

The switch is now on the hot side as I believe it should be, plus I added a fuse for safety before the switch.

I will need to check the voltages again,  but I believe I measured 120V after the resistor for the pilot and at the pilot light socket w/o the bulb installed. I will measure across the resistor and from the #2 and #3 terminals on the 35Z5.

Can anyone explain what is going on in this tapped filament circuit? At least a far as a properly operating one goes...:)

Thanks again

Bob