[Boatanchors] FS: Hacked BC-459-A

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Mon Oct 21 22:10:34 EDT 2013

If there are no response pretty soon, I'll part this unit out. The parts
break-up value is considerably higher than my asking price for the unit.

Best,

-John

===================

Hi,

I my continuing effort to save unhacked radios, I offer a pre-hacked
BC-459-A (7 to 9.1 MHz)

Condition: Clearly modified. Roll-A-Ductor has been unmounted from front
panel. An aluminum plate has been bolted over opening. Toggle switch and
key jack added to FP. The 1625s have been rewired so they look to be
paralleled. Form and winding of Roll-A-Ductor have been mounted internally
in place normally occupied by tank / coupling coil. UHF(F) and single
banana jack added to rear of chassis. Rack connector replaced w/ 6-pin (F)
Jones connector. No tubes or crystal.

The good parts: Has bottom cover; top cover, dial. Black paint on cover is
very good, 95%+. Bottom cover has 4x rubber feet mounted w/ nuts and
bolts. Dial as new.

$20.00 plus postage at cost from 01803. First come, first served. Limited
to the one unit I have.

Please reply off-list.

-John