[Boatanchors] Tektronix 10-10

Frank Barnes fbw4npn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 13:18:55 EDT 2013

I also have a DeVry Schools, Bell & Howell model 9516 Oscilloscope, built
many years ago and little used but stored wrapped, in a dry attic, for over
ten years.  It worked when stored but I would not dare plug it in now,
without doing a complete restoration of filter caps, etc.  It looks just
like a Heathkit and I'm pretty sure it actually is.  I have the
construction manuals also.

I recall that it is in excellent+ cosmetic condition.  Should someone want
it, you can pay shipping from 27516 or pick it up in Chapel Hill, NC.

I am looking for a dial mechanism I can use for a Regen receiver...some
kind of counter, like an old-fashioned National geared dial (with the paper
frequency chart & moving arm), or an HRO dial mechanism.  Or what
else...trade?

Frank
W4NPN

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 10:36 AM, p.nettles <p.nettles at tx.rr.com> wrote:

> Hi wilson,
> I have 2. Mine are branded Bell & Howell, but model # is Heathkit IO-10D.
> They are 5mhz solid state oscilloscopes. They're both in working order, but
> are in the process of being gone through. One is very close to completion &
> is working nicely with a very bright trace. I bought the 2nd one for parts,
>  but it worked so good that I decided it rejuvenate it as well. I'm just
> very slow or the project would be complete. I also start multiple jobs at
> the same time, which as you know, is a no-no.
> Finding the manual was a little tricky due to different versions (name
> branding,  lighted grid, etc). The manual for the Bell & Howell Schools
> version in broken down into three parts, due to the kit being shipped this
> way. I finally got the manual from "Vintage Manuals Inc". Very nice people
> to deal with, although not cheap. The manuals are clear, bright, easy to
> read, and spiral bound .
> Hope this helps.
> Good luck & if I can be of any further help, just let me know.
>
> 73,
> Perry KF5SMU
>

> Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

Frank Barnes
W4NPN
Chapel Hill, NC
Grid Square FM05