[Boatanchors] How Good is the Hickok 752 (non A) tube tester?

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 13 10:17:17 EDT 2013

The best tube tester in the world is the unit itself!  On occasion, I have found tubes that test bad in a tube tester work fine in the equipment and tubes that test fine don't work!

In general, the Hickok tube testers are among the best around.  I have several tube testers including some from the 1930s.  When I do see a need to use a tube tester, the Hickok is the one that I use.

Several of the tube testers are pictured at:  http://k9sth.com/uploads/Even_more_recent_restoration_projects.pdf

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com