[Boatanchors] FS Very late Collins 75A-4 receiver,

Charlie Hugg k5mbx at suddenlink.net
Sat Apr 5 15:15:22 EDT 2014

FS Very late Collins 75A-4 receiver, serial #5726 that I thought I would
keep forever. It is original and has never been "improved" or  modified. The
original power cord is still in good condition. The dial scale is also
original though it is yellowed. This 75A-4 is in very good condition both
cosmetically and functionally. The band pass, noise blanker and rejection
tuning all work as they should. It is stable. It has the best audio I have
ever heard from a 75A-4. It does have a slight hum in the audio. I purchased
a new Hayseed 3 section 45MFD capacitor but never got around to installing
it. It will come with the receiver. Include is the standard 3.1 SSB Filter
and a copy of the manual. Pictures are available. This is a fairly rare
radio. I believe that it was one of the last 75A-4s made in Iowa during the
time Collins started making the S-Line. Price is $1125 plus shipping. I will
double box it and pack it well. Thanks, Charlie Hugg, K5MBX