[Boatanchors] SPRING BUG EVENT

bcarling at cfl.rr.com bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Fri Apr 11 06:11:40 EDT 2014

SPRING BUG EVENT

>From the Samuel FB Morse Amateur Radio Club:

From: ARRL - N6MQL
Date: April 10, 2014

W6SFM 2014 Spring Bug Roundup event (An event for Bug Key users around the world!)

W6SFM On-Air BUG ROUNDUP - Saturday May 17th 2014

Objective:
This 12-hour event is not a contest; rather it is a time dedicated to celebrating our CW and
Bug key heritage. Participants are encouraged to get on the air and simply make enjoyable,
conversational CW QSOs using a Bug style key as the sending instrument. There are no
points scored in this event, and all who participate are winners.

Once the event has concluded, logs can be submitted to the W6SFM by way of the link
provided on the clubs Bug Roundup web page. Nominal prizes/certificates will be awarded to:
the person who had the most QSOs during the 12 hour period; and the person who worked
the most interesting amount of bug types.

Bands            (Suggested Freq.)
10 meters - 28.040 - 28.050 MHz
15 meters - 21.040 - 21.050 MHz
20 meters - 14.040 - 14.050 MHz
40 meters -    7.040 - 7.050 MHz
80 meters -    3.540 - 3.550 MHz

Dates
W6SFM Bug Roundup is held twice annually.
- Every 3rd Saturday in May from 1700 UTC though Sunday 0500 UTC
- Every 3rd Saturday in November from 1800 UTC through Sunday 0600 UTC

Thank you for your participation and we hope you enjoy the event. 73

For more information on this exciting event please visit the W6SFM Bug Roundup website
page by clicking HERE http://www.w6sfm.com/Bug_Roundup.html

Forwarded by AF4K - Bry

Brian Carling, Radio AF4K