[Boatanchors] Waste Not Want Not: Qty 3 Hammarlund Variable Capacitors

William w_b_morton at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 30 17:16:22 EST 2014

Hello All,

Happy Holidays to everyone.

Within an estate purchase, I have found 3 identical variable capacitors made by Hammarlund.  Each capacitor has 2 identical sections.  The only identifying part number mark, besides an inspection stamp, is a label of 'CV-350'.

If you trust my hand-held capacitance meter, the full capacitance range is from ~40 to ~100 pf.  Of course it can be split approximately in half as there are 2 sections within the unit.

Pictures available here:  http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/greenhorn3/library/Hammarlund%20Variable%20Capacitor?sort=3&page=1

Note one of the units has a split in the rear retaining ring (circled in red, tough to photograph).  I can't pull the ring off with my fingers, so perhaps this will not present an issue.  Or maybe it will.....

All 3 can be yours for $7, shipped via USPS Small Flat Rate Box.  If they are worth any more than the shipping cost, I would ask you donate the difference to someone who could use a little help.  PayPal to w_b_morton at hotmail.com.

Best Regards,

William