[Boatanchors] Johnson "Pacemaker" FS

Ken Simpson, W8EK kenw8ek at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 11:05:16 EST 2014

E F Johnson Viking "Pacemaker" Transmitter For Sale:

For all practical purposes, the Viking Pacemaker is a
Valiant with SSB.  It is an SSB/AM/CW transmitter
covering 80 thru 10 meters, with internal VFO and
internal power supply.  It has 6146 finals.

The Pacemaker was the first single sideband transmitter
built by the E.F. Johnson company. It was manufactured
for only a two year time span, from 1956 to 1958.
In 1956, it cost $495.

It is 11 1/2 inches high by 21 wide by 16 1/2 deep (same
size as the Valiant), and weighs 61 pounds.

A picture can be seen at
http://radiopics.com/EFJohnson/Transmitters/EFJohnson_Viking%20Pacemaker.htm

This particular unit came from a silent key who I am sure
had not fired it up for years.  It will need to be brought
up slow on a variac, and probably will need caps replaced.

Cosmetically it looks very good for a 55 year old rig.

Paper work is included for $150, with pickup in the Ocala,
Florida area, just off of I-75.  This is just too heavy
and too difficult to ship.

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK