[Boatanchors] Elmac AF-67 restoration

qrv at kd4e.com qrv at kd4e.com
Wed Jan 15 23:03:58 EST 2014

My AF-67 arrived a couple of days ago.

The bias battery is a mess, the brittle coil forms need
attention, & the dial cover is badly fogged (seller failed
to mention that detail).

The battery is the easy part.

Any advice re. the brittle coil forms?  They seem
stable but brittle supports make me nervous.

Any ideas as to rescuing the dial cover?  Do I need
to find a replacement online or try some tricks to
clean and restore it?

I can email pics if anyone wants to see my new toy.

I'll post them to my Web site tomorrow.

Thanks!  David

--

David (NOT Dave) Colburn, KD4E - Nevils, Georgia USA

Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com