[Boatanchors] antenna question

RAY FRIESS rayfrijr at msn.com
Thu Jan 16 12:03:00 EST 2014

First of all ... let me take a moment to express sadness at the loss of Glen's fellow author, Glen W6ISQ.  While he was not a "technical" author like Glen, it was always a real joy to read his stuff, just like it was to read Glen's stuff in the magazines.

Now ..  I have an antenna technical question.

I have a HyGain 11 element two meter beam that uses gamma matching.  The question I have is, does the type of driven
element matter on a given beam as long as the driven element is adjusted for the best match at a given frequency?
In other words, I am refurbishing the beam and have given some thought to redoing the driven element and using
a dipole, folded dipole or hairpin, or a Y match driven element.

Ray  WA7ITZ