[Boatanchors] Correction: Need Help Identifying: Microphone (?)
w_b_morton at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 29 01:28:28 EDT 2014
Correction: It is octagonal in shape. I evidently need to learn how to count.
From: w_b_morton at hotmail.com
To: boatanchors at puck.nether.net
Subject: Need Help Identifying: Microphone (?)
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 03:31:53 +0000
I have seen an interesting item that I believe is a microphone. It was in a nice little 'presentation' box and is in pretty good shape as far as I can tell. My web search has returned absolutely nothing on this, but maybe someone out there can provide some details/history.
Here are the particulars:
1. Hexagonal shape, about 3" - 4" across (did not measure).
2. Outer housing seems to be made of marble. Nice and heavy.
3. Has a metal loop/hook/bracket on right and left sides. Used for suspending in a frame?
4. Two connector posts on the back face with bakelite knobs.
5. Front face is metal, painted black, with a plated screen centered on the face.
6. Printing across the top: T.K.S. LYRIC HM-400L
7. Printing across the bottom: HODEN CO.
Any ideas, leads, information?
Thanks in advance for all of your help.
More information about the Boatanchors