[Boatanchors] Small Tube-Type FM Transceiver?

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 29 18:15:38 EST 2014

You are looking for something like the Motorola H21A- portable series or D21A- / D31A- mobile series equipment.  Those use miniature tubes except the higher powered mobile units use a 2E24 instant heating version of the 2E26.
The "B" versions (i.e. D21BAM) have a solid state receiver and tube type transmitter.
There were other units, manufactured by various manufacturers, but the Motorola equipment represented at least 80% of that type of equipment used during the 1950s. Glen, K9STH

Website: http://k9sth.net
      From: "qrv at kd4e.com" <qrv at kd4e.com>
 To: BOATANCHORS <Boatanchors at puck.nether.net>; Florida boatanchors <FLBOATANCHORS at yahoogroups.com> 
 Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2014 4:02 PM
 Subject: [Boatanchors] Small Tube-Type FM Transceiver?
I'm looking for something mobile/portable for 10m.

Must be all-tube, OK if QRP, FM detector needs to
be a true discriminator - not slope-tuned AM.

OK if close to 10m but needing mods.

Space-charge (12v plate voltage) or low-voltage design
preferred - but OK if it requires usual tube voltages.

50's-era motorcycle or other commercial rig?

Surplus military?



More information about the Boatanchors mailing list