[Boatanchors] Small Tube-Type FM Transceiver?

Robert w4rl at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 29 18:52:54 EST 2014

Glen, we called the H models "Railroad Units" as that's where they were 
used originally in service.  I remember some came with the Bakelite 
telephone handsets with a snap-in cradle.  Robert W4RL

On 11/29/2014 5:15 PM, Glen Zook via Boatanchors wrote:
> You are looking for something like the Motorola H21A- portable series or D21A- / D31A- mobile series equipment.  Those use miniature tubes except the higher powered mobile units use a 2E24 instant heating version of the 2E26.
> The "B" versions (i.e. D21BAM) have a solid state receiver and tube type transmitter.
> There were other units, manufactured by various manufacturers, but the Motorola equipment represented at least 80% of that type of equipment used during the 1950s. Glen, K9STH
> Website: http://k9sth.net
>        From: "qrv at kd4e.com" <qrv at kd4e.com>
>   To: BOATANCHORS <Boatanchors at puck.nether.net>; Florida boatanchors <FLBOATANCHORS at yahoogroups.com>
>   Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2014 4:02 PM
>   Subject: [Boatanchors] Small Tube-Type FM Transceiver?
> I'm looking for something mobile/portable for 10m.
> Must be all-tube, OK if QRP, FM detector needs to
> be a true discriminator - not slope-tuned AM.
> OK if close to 10m but needing mods.
> Space-charge (12v plate voltage) or low-voltage design
> preferred - but OK if it requires usual tube voltages.
> 50's-era motorcycle or other commercial rig?
> Surplus military?
> Anything?
> _______________________________________________
> Boatanchors mailing list
> Boatanchors at puck.nether.net
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/boatanchors

More information about the Boatanchors mailing list