[Boatanchors] Question from an admitted 'Newbie'

Wilson infomet at embarqmail.com
Thu Sep 4 18:20:37 EDT 2014

Tubes.
WL

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Jackson
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2014 6:07 PM
To: porch.boat ; puck.boat ; qth.boat
Subject: [Boatanchors] Question from an admitted 'Newbie'

Is there any kind of general consensus on exactly what is or isn't a
'boatanchor'? I'm a 72 yo and BAs to me are the post-WW2 tubes sets made for
the commercial (vice military) market on up to the advent and eventual
dominance of the so-called 'solid state' rigs. It seems clear to me that
others' definitions go back to a somewhat earlier time and do include
re-cycled military gear. What is the general consensus, please.

Bob AG5X