[Boatanchors] [Bulk] Re: ARRL Band Plan

Bill Carns wcarns at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 12 18:19:32 EDT 2015

Unless you are having some facts that I do not know about, that would seem
to fly in the face of what is known. Last year, there was the highest
quantity of hams licensed ever. What is happening is that most of these new
guys grew up in the digital era and are pretty much radio operators...not
experimenters, and they seem to be not  (at the swaps) interested in the old
stuff and homebrew related parts.

But, last year saw record attendance at Dayton and we (the CCA booths) were
busier than a cat on a hot tin roof.

I can tell you also that the Collins Collectors Association (CCA) has more
members than it ever has had in its 20 years and is still growing.  We do
see a lot of guys coming in that seriously ask "What is a tube?" or "How do
they work?"  . . .  but that is good, because they learn and the beat goes
on.

And, personally, I have not noticed the bands getting any less crowded.

Bill