[Boatanchors] [Bulk] Re: ARRL Band Plan

LM Picard lmpicard at rogers.com
Sun Apr 12 19:50:18 EDT 2015

I found some interesting information on the Wikipedia entry, "Amateur
radio operator."

It suggests that incensing numbers spiked after CW requirements were
relaxed.

I have rearranged a table from that article listing countries with the
greatest percentage of their populations holding amateur licenses.  Of
course some of this relates to how hard a license is to obtain and I
would guess that in poor countries radio gear would be a luxury item
limited to a very few.

I hope this displays as it should:

CountryNumbers of HamsPercent of Population

  Japan1,296,0591.012

  Slovenia6,5000.317

  Republic of China68,6920.296

  South Korea141,0000.288