[Boatanchors] [Bulk] Re: ARRL Band Plan

pmarkavage at juno.com pmarkavage at juno.com
Sun Apr 12 20:06:09 EDT 2015

How would you even define "busy"? there's a lot of variables. Suppose
there were a 1000 amateurs on the air between 3600 and 3900. Because I
may not in their skip zone or conditions don't favor me with decent
reception, I only hear 50 of them. I would say the band is not busy yet
there are 950 of them out there on the air that I can't hear.

If you really want to detect "busy", "lots of use", "crowded conditions",
etc. get on the air during a contest.

Counting activeness is sort of like trying o count dust particles blowing
through your back yard.

Pete, wa2cwa