[Boatanchors] FS: Hickok 750 Tube Tester

William w_b_morton at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 1 15:23:24 EST 2015

Hello All,

Yep, it is some hesitation that I offer my Hickok 750 to someone who can use it more often than me.  I purchased it from an estate, brought it up slowly on a Variac, and used it a few times on a limited number of tubes.  I then put it on the shelf thinking I would replace the tolex covering or maybe even build a new box for it.  Now that the New Year is here I need to face facts:  The hobby rooms needs an overhaul, I already have enough tube testers, and replacing tolex is very low on my priority list.

Based on a non-scientific comparison, the results from a 6L6GC comparison seem pretty good.  I tested one on my calibrated Hickok 752A and measured 4750 umhos (475 on the meter, then 10x based on the knob setting).  When I tested the same tube on the 750, set at the 6000 umhos scale, I got 4600.

There is a 3-prong plug and the power cord is nice and flexible.  The plug, however, has a chip out of it.  There is a hard copy of the user manual and a partial copy of the roll chart.  Documentation is easily found via a web search.  The test panel itself is in good shape but the case is nothing to write home about.  I have not removed the chassis from the case as I have had no need to do so.

Pictures can be seen here:  http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/greenhorn3/library/Hickok%20750?sort=3&page=1

Would $260 including pack/ship via UPS to CONUS be ok?  If I am way off base you can let me know.

Best Regards,

William