[Boatanchors] Knightkit T60 Questions.

bcarling at cfl.rr.com bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jan 6 09:00:57 EST 2015

Dear fellow Boatanchor Ops,

I recently bought a nice looking old Knightkit T60 from a friend in preparation for
the Novice Rig Roundup coming up in February 2015.

However, it chirps. I replaced all the fixed caps with Tom's Hayseed
Hamfest kit. No improvement ensued, but great insurance against future failures. I observe that
the osc plate voltage drops from around 320V to 215V when keyed down. This being derived from
the same source as the buffer screen supply. I tried replacing the 8.2K 2 watt
resistor which was up around 9K. That hasn't helped either.

What would you try next? I am thinking about replacing the two tubes, 6HF8
and 6DQ6B, but that would make it a very expensive T60. I also thought anbout putting in
a 185v regulator but have my doubts. This transmitter should not chirp this much.

73 - Bry AF4K

Brian Carling, Radio AF4K