[Boatanchors] Audio Amp Schematic for Type 48 Tube?

Wilson infomet at embarqmail.com
Tue Jun 23 08:16:24 EDT 2015

Maybe there's a reason we don't see many of these tubes?
You'd have 24W on the filaments and get 3-5W out, if you can find the
unusual output xfmr!
Then one of the tubes would die?  Just get some 6L6s or 6V6s and go for it!
They need the big filament to get the emission to make current at the low B+
and they don't have "modern" high emission cathodes.
All the data you need is on the sheet.  Set the voltages, add some 5K grid
leaks, and capacity couple in from any phase inverter or xfmr.
If you have an interstage xfmr, you can use a simple single ended driver and
be done, but the phase inverter from any 6V6 amp will work.

Less work would be a single ended class A stage.  The cathode resistor keeps
you from having to make a bias supply and at 100V, you can tie the screen to
B+ on the low sidee of the output xfmr.

Now I'll get ready to charge my own windmill.  At least it runs a KW and
helps me talk around the world.

73,
WL