[Boatanchors] Unusual BC-221

Dave Rossetti drossetti at comcast.net
Wed Mar 4 01:21:04 EST 2015

Interesting. Most BC-221 were originally battery powered and later converted with makeshift AC power supplies. Your's obviously was AC powered from the get-go. There were over 25 different different models made by a slew of different manufacturers for use during WW II. Few of them had a modulator.

I have found the BC-221 to be a very useful while nostolgic piece of test equipment. As long as you have an idea as to roughly what frequency you are beating the signal agsinst (generally not a problem), it can be used to accurately tune transmitters and receivers to a specific frequency. It can even be used to align IF frequencies eliminating the need for a frequency counter and RF signal generator.

Thanks for sharing.

Dave Rossetti
410-279-0226 Mobile

guy practically begged me to take it.

I just got it out of storage a few days ago.

I have never seen one like this and don't find any model numbers on it.

I did have it on the bench and it works.

Attached are some pictures.

http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/bc221unusual.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/bc221unusual2.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/bc221unusual3.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/bc221unusual4.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/bc221unusual6.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/bc221unusual7.jpg

Anyone seen one like this? Comments?

Tnx and 73,

Dave N7RK

Dave  N7RK          Boatanchors Home Page: http://n7rk.com
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#22 - 75 Meter SSB*

ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor and Antique Radio Collector