[Boatanchors] Looking for 2 boatanchor rigs

qrv at kd4e.com qrv at kd4e.com
Sun Nov 8 14:32:33 EST 2015

I'm looking for two modified boatanchor rigs.

Please share this if you know someone who may be
interested. (I'm not on the Collins list.)

In hopes of avoiding shipping, if possible, I can
work out relays (if I don't attend) from the Orlando
Fest in February. Not sure of others in 2016 yet.)

Or, I'm willing to drive a reasonable distance.

1. A Gonset Communicator IV 3342 or other compact
	all-tube 2 meter AM rig which may be
	converted to FM (or which already has been)
	so that I can leave it in line during storms.
	(I have Polyphasers on everything but still ...)

2. A Multi-Elmac AF-67 converted to DSB w/Power Supply.
	(This modification is beyond both my talent
	and time. A homebrew PS is fine.)

Note: I have info. re. DSB conversion at the driver
stage. (Final modulation tubes & xfmr aren't needed.)

To Trade for both:

COLLINS 73A3 Receiver Serial #50 w/Original Manual dated 1953.

Based on the Collins rating scale found here
http://www.collinsradio.org/information/gradingstandards-thks-gary/
my receiver is at least "Good". No obvious mods or bad scratches.

It has the Collins Mechanical filter F455B-3.

It does not have the NBFM or Crystal Calibrator and is
missing the little Ant Trim knob. It is untested.

I can provide rig pictures - tell me what you want to see.

David KD4E

--

*David* KD4E
ARES-EC Bulloch County, Nevils, Georgia USA

Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com