[Boatanchors] FS: Rare National NC-80X Receiver - Price Reduced

Dave Hollander n7rk at cox.net
Thu Nov 12 11:22:51 EST 2015

National NC-80X Receiver - $250 plus shipping.

This is a rare and not often seen NC-80X receiver. This is a ten tube
superhet covering 540 to 30,000 kilocycles in four ranges with a crystal
filter. Uses moving catacomb coil unit similar to the NC-100 series.
This is an ac/dc receiver but still pretty heavy.  National offered this
from 1937 to 1938. I recapped this about 12 years ago but never got
around to replacing the electrolytics in the power supply and when I
fired it up a few days ago - major hum! The chassis is dirty but should
clean up nicely. It has been sitting in my dry garage ( I live in
Phoenix) ever since. The escutcheon is not fastened down as I don't
recall how it was supposed to be attached. The light bar is also loose
but I have it. Catacomb coil assembly moves smoothly. The main tuning is
incredibly smooth. Includes a photocopy of the manual. No Trades.

http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/nc80x.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/nc80x2.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/nc80x3.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/nc80x4.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/nc80x5.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/nc80x7.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/nc80x8.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/nc80x91.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/nc80x92.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/nc80x93.jpg

73 and tnx for looking. Dave N7RK

Dave  N7RK          Boatanchors Home Page: http://n7rk.com
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#22 - 75 Meter SSB*

ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor and Antique Radio Collector