[Boatanchors] Edebris - BAMA Down

qrv at kd4e.com qrv at kd4e.com
Sun Sep 6 16:22:08 EDT 2015

Apparently the owner of the edebris repository toggled on
robots.txt which instructs sites like the wayback archive
and other web search systems to not capture and save the
content.

This was apparently to prevent people from taking the
donated efforts of volunteers for the purpose of resale
for profit.

While I understand the intent - if edebris is gone then
so also is much of the content.

If someone offers a repository I'm guessing between us
all we might re-assemble most of the documents.

I don't know what the traffic or storage space requirements
might look like.

As for those taking the labors of others for profit - they
learned that from government - and those foolish enough to
pay for what is free empower both ... since this is just a
hobby ... best to let them both play in their own sandbox.

David KD4E

--

*David* KD4E
ARES-EC Bulloch County, Nevils, Georgia USA

Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com