[Boatanchors] Edebris - BAMA Down

Jim Bromley, K7JEB k7jeb at cox.net
Sun Sep 6 20:01:41 EDT 2015

The hosting requirements (storage, bandwidth) are easy.  $15.00/month
at GoDaddy.com would handle it.  The website content is pretty much
plain-vanilla HTML4 that could be edited with a text editor, or a
semi-freebie WYSIWYG tool like Blue Griffon.  The big time-eater is
taking in the content and formatting it to the standard.

What is needed is just a true mirror site that is up when edebris.com
is down, but that doesn't require any content manipulation by its owner
other than picking up the latest additions from BAMA.

I *think* this current outage might have been something that was
planned so that the 'site maintainers would have time to move things
around when they were off work.  But doing that over a holiday when
everyone is firing-up their soldering irons and diving into serious
boat-anchor radio restoration was less than optimal.

Jim, K7JEB