[Boatanchors] Ideas for 7 pin and 9 pin miniature plug in modules

Bob Groh bob.groh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 13:43:53 EDT 2016

There are times when I would like to build a plug in substitute for a 7 or
9 pin miniature tube - for example, a solid state replacement for a 6x4
rectifier.

Back in the day, you could buy an empty plug in module from Vector or the
like.  Today those don't seem to be readily available other than in the
surplus market and even then I've only been able to find 9 pin versions.  I
have been vaguely thinking of generating a simple pc board layout and
having some made but, before I go too crazy, does anyone out there have any
ideas?

FYI, for 8 pin octals, I just sacrifice an old tube - break off the glass
and use the old base. So octals are no problem.  And, of course, because
Murphy rules, I do have some old Vector plugins with octal plugs.  Go
figure.

73, Bob Groh, WA2CKY