[Boatanchors] Has anyone ever cut the glass top off a miniature tube to re-use the base?

Emil Dular WD4SCZ at aol.com
Fri Aug 19 01:26:31 EDT 2016

Never tried to cut the glass on miniature tubes. Like you I have salvaged
octal bases to make connectors.  But for you puropse, how about an
old-fashioned socket saver? Would not that do what you want?  This place
says they got 'em.
http://www.caryelectronic.com/index.php/9pin-tube-socket-saver-fr-12ax7-12au7-ecc82-ecc83-amp.html

Emil WD4SCZ