[Boatanchors] How to remove nicotine

Al Parker anchor at ec.rr.com
Mon Aug 22 17:03:27 EDT 2016

Hi Don,
	I don't see any answers on the reflector, maybe you got some direct.
	I've found that in general the nicotine crud is water soluble.  I've
used water with some hand dishwashing liquid, and a bit of Murphy' Oil
Soap for good measure.  Paint brush, tooth brush, etc. for swabbing.
Don't think that will get out all the smell, tho'.  Try putting some
dryer fabric softening sheets inside, put it in a plastic bag for a week
or so, and that usually helps.
73,

Al, W8UT
www.boatanchors.org
www.hammarlund.info

"There is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much
worth doing as simply messing about in boats"
Ratty, to Mole