[Boatanchors] FS Collins 75A-1 receiver

Charlie Hugg k5mbx at suddenlink.net
Sun Jun 5 19:36:21 EDT 2016

FS Collins 75A-1 receiver without cabinet. This is an amateur band receiver.
Modes of reception include: CW, MCW, and AM phone. Selectivity is variable
from 4 to 0.2 kHz five steps. Only the band in use is illuminated. The bulbs
are good. Requires a speaker. This radio is in working order. It has had
some caps replaced. It receives on all bands but could use an alignment. I
had a problem with it arcing when I would change bands to 15, 11, or 10. I
found some carbon traces on that wafer and cleaned them off. That stopped
the arcing on 15 and 11 meters, but it still pops when I move the band
switch to 10 meters. Probably some carbon traces that I could not get to.
The front panel is original and is nice. The meter and dial glass are good,
but the frequency dial has a crack in the center. I believe that overlays
for the frequency dial are available. Price is $195 plus shipping. Pictures
available. Thanks, Charlie Hugg, K5MBX