[Boatanchors] Navigator and Heathkit A-1 Meters

Al Parker anchor at ec.rr.com
Fri Oct 14 12:51:13 EDT 2016

Well, shazaam --
	There's an article by WB4OGM in the latest (Oct. 16) ER that describes
the AT-1 meter in detail, but (I haven't read it in detail) doesn'tseem
to fix the old gripe other than to say that in the AT-1, at least, there
is one switch posn that disconnects the meter.  He say that it's not
really a "moving vane" meter as is usually claim, but is a "moving
magnet" movement, but they both have about the same characteristic
overshoot.
	IIRC several of the early Heath xmtrs had the same type meter, I built
one of the first DX-35's and griped abt it then.
73,

Al, W8UT
www.boatanchors.org
www.hammarlund.info

"There is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- half so much
worth doing as simply messing about in boats"
Ratty, to Mole